Edmodo – iPhone/iPad – FREE
Here’s a cool app to check out, especially if you’re a teacher looking for new ways to keep track of students progress in the classroom. Here’s how the developers of the app describe it on the App Store:
Edmodo makes a teacher’s daily life easier by providing a safe and easy way for teachers and students to engage and collaborate for free, anytime, anywhere.
Use Edmodo for:
• Secure classroom discussions
• Posting assignments
• Gradebook tracking
• File sharing and uploading
• Classroom activity feed
• Student progress tracker
• Educational resource library
• Professional learning networks
With over 35 million users, Edmodo is the largest, fastest growing social platform for education. Awarded the 2013 EdTech Digest Award for Best Product, Edmodo makes the idea of a paperless classroom a reality.
Questions? Contact our award-winning Edmodo support team anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘iPad’ in the subject line.
For more information: www.edmodo.com
Click here for the link to the App Store!
TouchCast – iPad – FREE
TouchCast is one of the coolest apps I’ve stumbled across in a long time. Want to do a video podcast on your iPad, but would like to incorporate other content? Maybe a browser for your views to see, or be able to write on the screen while you record? With TouchCast, you can do just that!
Here is the description from the App Store:
Video and the web are coming together. Experience both like never before with TouchCast: a new medium that looks like video, but feels more like the web.
A TouchCast is a video that is fully browsable, responsive, and alive. Webpages, images, and an assembly of video Apps (vApps) can be tapped for a two-way video experience.
It’s a TV studio in your hands. Create broadcast-quality videos with a built-in teleprompter, green screen, visual filters, sound effects, and titles. Watch TouchCasts from the app or online at TouchCast.com.
Our Mission is to bring the wonder of the web to video and usher in a new age of expression. Anyone can easily create professional-quality videos that finally behave like the rest of the web.
Explore videos, express yourself and engage viewers in a whole new way. We invite you to try TouchCast and help define this new medium.
Please let us know you’re feedback as we strive to improve the experience, including what features you would like to see in future versions.
Check out the app on the App Store here!
AP Stylebook 2014 – iPhone/iPad – $24.99
If you are a journalism major, or want to do any writing in general, the AP Stylebook will be a necessity. Now, instead of trying to find the book in a crowded book store, you can download the app on the App Store!
The Associated Press Stylebook is an essential tool for writers, editors, students and public relations professionals. It provides fundamental guidelines on spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage and journalistic style, with dedicated sections on sports, business, food, fashion, religion, punctuation and social media.
- Dozens of new and updated entries for 2014, Pronunciation Guide, and a new religion chapter
- Keep your notes from the 2013 version. The 2014 version can import 2013 notes, entries and favorites. (Requires AP Stylebook 2013 v1.2)
- New features including iCloud sync, and improved user interface and search
Available as a universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iTouch users.
- Numerous improvements to user interface, navigation and search functionality
- About 200 new and updated entries for 2014 plus a new religion chapter that pulls together existing entries from the Stylebook with new and revised guidance
- Use iCloud to backup and sync entries and favorites across devices
- Hundreds of entries in the Pronunciation Guide include both phonetic spelling and audio
- Generate a random entry to build your style knowledge
Here is the link to the App Store for the AP Stylebook app.